BioCeraMAX Pro 600 is a unique filler designed for biological filtration of water in freshwater and saltwater aquariums, paludariums, aquaterrariums and terrarium pools. It has the form of cylinders made of porous ceramic material, which provides a very large filtration surface – 600 m2.
How does BioCeraMAX Pro 600 work?
- On the outer surface of the pores of the BioCeraMAX Pro 600 cylinders in the Fish Tank Filter, over time, colonies of useful nitrifying bacteria Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter settle.
- These microorganisms use metabolic products that are toxic to fish in their life processes: ammonia (Nitrosomonas) and nitrites (Nitrobacter). Nitrifying bacteria oxidize ammonia and nitrite to nitrates, which are much safer for aquarium dwellers.
Where and when is BioCeraMAX Pro 600 used?
- BioCeraMAX Pro 600 is ideally suited as a filter bed for canister filters, overflow filters, sampov, filtration columns.
- It can be used in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
- Especially recommended for tanks with large fish or with a large number of fish.
How to use BioCeraMAX Pro 600?
- BioCeraMAX Pro 600 is immediately ready for use and does not require flushing or any other additional actions.
- The contents of the package should be poured into the basket or filter chamber.
- In order to ensure optimal results of use, it is recommended to place BioCeraMAX Pro 600 filler behind the fillers for mechanical filtration and in front of the fillers for chemical filtration.
- One package, i.e. 1 liter of BioCeraMAX Pro 600 is recommended for AQUAEL filters: UNIMAX 150, UNIMAX 250, MIDIKANI, MINIKANI 80 and MINIKANI 120.
- When using other filters, one package of BioCeraMAX Pro 600 is recommended for an aquarium of approximately 250 liters.
How long does BioCeraMAX Pro 600 last?
- BioCeraMAX Pro 600 can be used for a very long period of time without replacement, but it is subject to slow, gradual wear as a result of crushing, which weakens its effectiveness.
- For optimal effect, it is recommended to replace approximately 1/3 of the filler with a new one every 6-12 months.
- During filter cleaning, the filler should be rinsed in water drained from the aquarium.
- BioCeraMAX Pro 600 filler should not be washed in running tap water, so as not to sterilize it.