How to put the filter in the aquarium?
At the moment there are three types of modern water purifiers in domestic water bodies. The choice should be made after the user has decided on the volume of the installed home decorative pond:
External devices are also called canister. As can be judged by the name, they are installed on the outside of the tank. Into the interior of the device is lowered or through a special pre-made hole is mounted a hose that carries a special outlet function. Bottom type is installed directly on the bottom of the reservoir. Both of these options are ideal for tanks of sufficiently large capacity.
If a novice gets on the path of breeding fish, he purifies water with the help of ordinary internal devices. Such devices are also called "glasses". They are most often seen in offices and residential areas.
How to install an internal filter
There are 3 main types of aquarium water purifiers: external, internal and bottom. Accordingly, the installation of each such device depends on its belonging to one or another type.
So, external filters – they are also called canister filters – are installed outside the aquarium, and the suction and discharge hoses are lowered inside the tank (or mounted through special adapters and openings). The principle of installation of the bottom cleaner is already clear from the very name: it is placed directly on the prepared bottom of the “can”. It should be noted that these 2 types of devices are used, as a rule, in large-capacity aquariums.
Most often, beginners prefer to clean the habitat of their pets with the help of small filters located inside the aquarium. Such devices in everyday life is also called "glasses." These devices most often can be seen in small artificial home and office reservoirs.
First, the device must be assembled according to the recommendations set forth in the instructions for use. Can’t wait to check it at work?
You should not hurry, because the filter must first be properly fixed in an aquarium filled with water. And, beginners, as a rule, have some questions. How deep should the glass be dipped? What is plastic flexible transparent tube for?
The vast majority of internal water purifiers are attached to the wall of the aquarium in a vacuum way using special suction cups. These suction cups are included. Prerequisite: the filter must be completely submerged in water, the height of the water level above the top of the device must be from 2 to 5 cm.
A transparent flexible tube serves to supply air to the device and is attached to its “nose”. The other end of the tube should be outside the aquarium, outdoors.
It would seem that you can already run the "glass" in the work.
However, experts recommend making the first inclusion, removing all living creatures from the aquarium. You never know what! What if the device has a manufacturing defect?
It is better not to risk and move all the fish for a short time in a small sump. If the first inclusion showed the normal operation of the technical device, pets can immediately run into their water house.
After the first power up, it is recommended to set the power regulator, which is available on each filter, to the middle position. It takes some time to observe the condition of your pets and then empirically determine the optimum power of the filtering device.
The external Fish Tank Filter, which is often called the “canister”, is usually installed in the cabinet under the aquarium, well below the level of the aquarium water. After preparing for work according to the instructions, the releasing and retracting hoses, which are attached to the device, are lowered into the “can”. Inclusion is in progress.
Everything is very simple, but it seems so only at first glance. If we consider only the aesthetic factor, then this method of installation is absolutely correct. Many owners of ornamental fish attach hoses through specially prepared holes in the bottom of the aquarium.
However, you need to look at the problem from the other side.
Depending on the “canister” model, its pump can lift water up to 3 meters high. And this, in turn, promises high power consumption and increased energy costs. That is why many aquarists place their “cans” either behind or at the side of the aquarium at a height approximately equal to the middle of the water level. There is no need to talk about aesthetics here, but the energy savings are quite significant.
There are several important rules that need to be taken into account in the process of deciding how to install a filter in an aquarium. Here are the most basic ones:
- Before installation, it is important to fill about half the tank with water. The device should not work in a completely empty container.
- All elements before final assembly must be very dry.
- If the installation of an internal device equipped with suction cups is carried out, it is necessary to ensure that the distance from the surface is at least 3 cm and at the same time that the casing does not touch the bottom. If the depth is small, you can sacrifice the distance from above, but it is important to ensure that there is no contact with the bottom. If the device protrudes above the surface, the water will evaporate a little faster, you need to follow this.
- The device must be immersed only in the off state.
- The tube through which air is drawn must be led outside. This will be an advantage when fixing the part.
- The wire should simply and freely hang from the installed outlet.
After complying with all installation rules, the device can be plugged in. If a characteristic flow is formed, it can be judged that the processes were performed correctly.
- The device is assembled according to the recommendations that are set out in a special instruction.
- The device is fastened to the vessel wall with a special vacuum method. Reliability of fastening is based on the availability of special suction cups.
- Installation should be carried out by means of a full immersion device. Above the highest point of the fixture, the liquid should be in a volume of about 5 cm.
- A tube is securely attached to the nozzle, which will serve to effectively supply air masses.
- Another edge needs to be installed on the outer side of the reservoir.
Before first switching on, it is advisable to remove living creatures from the tank If the startup process showed no problems, you can run the fish. During operation, it is required to adjust the power level, setting it in a special position of optimal average power. It is advisable to observe the general condition of the animals for several minutes and, on the basis of the data obtained, establish the most suitable power.
Experts call the external device a “canister”. The installation of an external filter in an aquarium is usually done in a bedside table under a decorative pond and preferably slightly below the level of the filled water. The installation process is carried out according to the following rather simple scheme:
- The device needs to be prepared for operation.
- The flask is lowered into the flasher and simultaneously releasing the hoses.
- Inclusion is in progress.
Such simplicity is manifested only initially. This filter setting will be correct only to ensure optimal aesthetic appeal. To improve the functioning of the device, many professionals attach hoses through specially prepared holes located closer to the bottom of the reservoir.
In direct proportion to the type of instrument, the pump included in the package can be raised to a height of approximately three meters. Such an arrangement can lead to a fairly large consumption of the power level, as well as an increase in energy costs. It is for this reason that many users decide to install the device on the rear wall of the container or from the side of it.
Among the categories inside the filter located especially can be distinguished bottom devices. From the name of this device, it becomes clear that it should be placed exclusively at the bottom of the reservoir. Such a device is preferred if there is a very small amount in the reservoir or if there is no ordinary ornamental vegetation.
The device is distinguished by a relatively thin plate and an internal filtering material. There are also a number of holes intended for the flow of water. The plate is simply placed on the bottom of the tank with plastic tubes attached to it, and that is enough.
Before placing the device, it is necessary to remove the gravel and lay down a small plastic frame. It will raise the false bottom approximately 2-3 mm. It remains to put, close the device and run.
In the presented video you can find information about how to install a common indoor device for water purification. Given information on the design features and recommendations on how to properly put a filter in the aquarium for cleaning.
In order for the device to last as long as possible, it is required not only to observe how it should stand, but to comply with certain preventive measures:
- Regular cleaning of the device from dirt;
- It is strictly forbidden to leave the device in the water in a completely off state. This will lead to poisoning of aquatic creatures;
- Before putting your hands in the water, you need to turn off the device;
- It is possible to start the cleaner into operation after full immersion in water;
- Before cleaning the device, it is important to completely disconnect all equipment from the network and only then remove it from the water.
To external equipment for the aquarium lasts as long as possible, it is better to immediately pick up such a device, which was produced by a reliable manufacturer.
The installation of the internal filter is appropriate in aquariums of small and medium displacement of up to 200 liters, in which the cleaning function is usually tried to be combined with additional aeration of water.
These devices are quite compact and work relatively quietly, so beginners tend to purchase for small bodies of water precisely their many are frightened by the difficulty of installing external models or the risk that the outside filter will be dropped by an animal or a child. In addition, the submersible equipment is chosen by the owners of aquariums, which often suffer from power outages, such equipment will not leak and will not flood the floor.
How to install an internal filter
1. Familiarization with the device. Correct installation of any filter begins with checking its completeness and reading the instructions. We recommend to do this before buying a cleaner. If you doubt your design abilities, it is better to ask the consultant to demonstrate to you the assembly process or describe it thoroughly.
2. Assembling the filter. Almost all internal filters are collected by one algorithm. The first step is to place the filter material in the glass of the device. Then, if designed, insert the rotor into the pump. Attach the pump to the glass and connect the aeration tube. If the recognition of the details makes you difficult, check out the video attached to the article.
In some models, the mounting plate is separated from the case. Insert the fasteners on the glass into the grooves provided for it and place the suction cups in the appropriate connectors. Everything is ready to install the filter in the aquarium!
3. Fastening apparatus. Almost all Fish Tank Filters are fixed on the tank wall with suction cups. Simply press them against the glass and press them firmly. Submersible filters should be under the mirror of the water in no way turn on the device if it protrudes from the water.
The correct depth of placement of the filter is 2-5 cm from the surface. One of the ends of the aeration tube must always be in the air. If possible, place it outside the aquarium, with access to the room so the oxygen will be more efficient to dissolve in water, because under the lid its content is reduced. If the plastic tube with the factory fastener slides off, it can be attached to the rim with a regular stationery clip.
4. The first inclusion. Inclusion after installing the filter in the aquarium essentially involves working in test mode. For this reason, it is recommended to observe the operation of the filter. Adjust the depth of the dive.
5. Power setting. At the time of first switching on or immediately after it, it is recommended to turn the power regulator to average values. Further adjustment should be carried out taking into account the volume of the aquarium, the degree of its pollution and, of course, the habits of its inhabitants. Some fish, in particular, with small and weak fins, do not tolerate too strong a current.
Installation of the bottom filter
Already from the name of this cleaner it is clear that it is installed on the bottom of a water house for fish. But the choice of this type of filter is resorted to only when there is very little or no decorative bottom aquatic vegetation in the aquarium.
Such a device is a relatively thin plate with an internal filter material and a multitude of holes through which water flows. Some believe that such a plate with tubes attached to it can be simply put on the ground and that will be enough.
This is a misconception – the bottom cleaner should be installed, not just put.
First, remove the soil from the bottom of the aquarium (or from a separate section) and put a plastic frame that will raise the false-bottom by 2-3 mm. Only then can the technical device be closed with a primer, and then put it into operation.
Not only the purity and high-quality chemical and biological composition of water, but also the degree of air saturation depend on the proper installation of any Fish Tank Filter. In addition, it determines the reliability of the device itself. In any case: before the water purifier is put into operation, you need to carefully read the instructions attached to it and strictly follow the rules specified in it.